|Wally Bear and the NO! Gang|
|Publisher||American Video Entertainment|
|Developer||American Game Cartridges Inc.|
Wally Bear and the NO! Gang is a NES game developed by American Game Cartridges Inc. and published by American Video Entertainment in 1992.
The premise of the game is that Wally Bear is part of the NO! gang; it is his birthday and he has to invite all of his friends over. As with much 80's and early 90's media, the game promotes an anti-drug message.
The game is a side-scrolling platformer where you ride a skateboard and have to get to the end without crashing into too many enemies.
- The game was originally titled Wally Bear and the Just Say No Gang, but was changed to avoid confusion with Just Say No.
- The second level features in-game advertisements for Shockwave, another game developed by AGCI.
- There was a Wally Bear Hotline provided by this game, [1-800-HI-WALLY], in which players can listen to Wally Bear telling the caller how to stop using drugs. It was still active around the time when the Angry Video Game Nerd review was released (in which he recorded a new ending for the Volume 1 DVD where he dials the number). However, by October 2007 the number was disconnected and cannot be accessed.
- GamePro gave it the best rating in both "Fun Factor" and "Challenge". (Sister Sinister, your full of-- OOH! Nightshage contest, NO! STAY, FOCUSED!
- JonTron played this game in one of his videos.
|List of games by American Video Entertainment|
Backgammon · Big Mouth Bass · Blackjack · Cue Stick · Deathbots · Double Strike · Dudes with Attitude · F-15 City War · Krazy Kreatures · Maxivision 15-in-1 · Mermaids of Atlantis · Poker · Puzzle · Pyramid · Rad Racket · Solitaire · Tiles of Fate · Trolls on Treasure Island · Ultimate League Soccer · Venice Beach Volleyball · Wally Bear and the NO! Gang