|Super Mario & Sonik 2|
|Hack of||Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2|
Super Mario 'n Sonik 2, also known as Super Mario & Sonic 2, Super Mario Sonik 2 and Hi 'n Al: Rescue Rangers is a pirate hack of Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2 for the Famicom in 1994.
Unlike the original game, it starts up with the option of choosing between four pairs of characters, all of whom behave identically. (Mario & Sonic, Chip & Dale, Mario & Luigi, and Sonic & Knuckles) Mario's sprites are edited from Super Mario Bros. 3, but Sonic's are completely custom and poorly drawn. The game start with 10 lives instead 3. In the title screen use the word SUPER from the original Super Mario Bros. and the word MARIO from Dr. Mario.
The title screen reads Disney's Hi and Al Rescue Rangers 2 and the game is now broken as it crashes after the first boss.
- The background on the original cartridge cover is actually ripped off from Out Run boxart.
- The PCB of the original cartridge shown below has JY830953C on it. That code translates to September '94.
- This game operates on mapper 91 which is a cut-down version of mapper 90 by J.Y. Company.
- This hack is re-released in 1996 which has been repaired and will not crash after first boss.
- The "Sonic" in name is misspelled as "Sonik"