|Publisher||RAMAR Int' Co. and ABAB Soft.|
|Sound engine||Hummer Sound Engine|
|Alternate names/hacks||various games on 15-in-1|
Panda Adventure is a simple single-screen platformer. You control a panda which must make its way from one side of the screen to the other.
Enemies include birds (which resemble, but are not completely identical to, the ones in Earthworm Jim 3, and are very hard to kill) and various ground-based enemies which can be defeated by jumping on them. Some screens include a pit which must be jumped over, sometimes with the assistance of a moving platform.
There are four different types of level, but the game does not appear to have any boss or ending, and just loops when you complete all the levels.
The game uses Hummer Team's sound engine and has two music tracks (plus a short Game Over tune), one of which is based on the same tune as a track from Sachen's World of Card Games, although it is unknown if Sachen's game is the original source. However, it is much simpler than many of Hummer Team's previous games.
- Several similar games appear on the 15-in-1 cartridge.
- This game contains an unused Rinco logo in the CHR, identical to the one used in The Dragon, along with a font from that game which is used to display the "PAUSE" text.
- It can also be found on the D-CAT8/Vangard GameCore handheld. Another ABABSoft game, Space Shuttle Exploration, is included in a game list provided by the manufacturers, but it was replaced in the released version.
- Both Panda Adventure and Space Shuttle Exploration are on the 60 in 1 multicart provided with the Power Joy Supermax by Trump Grand, along with two other games created by EX-Hummer team members, War of Hit Mouse and Dragon Running. Panda Adventure has a different coloured title screen on this cart.
- Some sand graphics in the game are taken from Aladdin.
- Two of the panda heads on the title screen look visually similar to Genma Saotome from Ranma 1/2.
- The game contains a lot of unused code from various games; some names appear in there such as Titenic, ABAB, Rinco, Shuttle and other generic folder names. There's also a lot of uncompiled commands mainly related to Space Shuttle Exploration and Panda Adventure.