| Nice Code Software|
|Consoles||Famicom (including VT03), VT168, 16/32-bit Sunplus hardware, MP4 players|
|Sounds used||Micro Genius/Unknown (Chinese Chess), Nice Code custom (two sound drivers), Konami/Hidenori Maezawa (Super Contra, only used in Dragon Co. hacks), TOSE(?)|
|Aliases||Nature Color Game, Nature Color Software, Dongxin Software, Nature Clan|
|Games published by||Waixing, Nanjing, JungleTac, Qi Sheng Long, Trump Grand|
|Related companies||Dragon Co., Inventor|
Nice Code Software, called 西安东信软件公司 (Xi'an Dongxin Software Co.) in Chinese and formerly known as Nature Color Game, is a game developer based in Xi'an, China, who has developed games for Waixing, Nanjing, JungleTac, Qi Sheng Long & Trump Grand.
The company was founded by an artist, and a lot of its early staff were from Dragon Co.; they took their resources when they moved to Nice Code, and it led to a number of platform games designed with Dragon's engine.
Most of Nice Code's games are simple and were designed for plug 'n' plays, handhelds, and multicarts. Most of their games are based on VT02 (Famicom hardware) and VT03, and many of them have both a VT02 and VT03 variant. Other companies, namely Waixing, have made their own versions of Nice Code's games.
Nice Code is also known to have made some of Nanjing's RPGs, including Alien vs Predator and Tomb Raider.
Nature Clan series Edit
The Nature Clan games are part of a small series featuring the red-sphere, titular character Nature Clan, similar to later Hummer Team releases. Nature Clan also makes cameos in other Nice Code titles, like Magic Jony. Qi Sheng Long made similar games to nearly each of these games. Most of the VT03 versions remove every reference to the series.
|Escapeway||The player controls three Nature Clans, whose goal is to go through levels and jump over its obstacles such as bombs.||None||Rushing Brothers (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
|Experiment||A gameplay clone of Bug Catcher, except that it stars Nature Clan, and it takes place in a science lab. It is the only VT03-exclusive Nature Clan title.||None||None|
|Forest Adventure||A generic 2D platformer where Nature Clan must reach the end goal.||Jumping Weald (VT03)||Caper Alone (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
Little Krishna (VT02)
|Island||Nature Clan must kick eggs off an island.||None||Kicking Now (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
|Mirror Devil World||Clone of Kickle Cubicle for the NES/Famicom.||None||Cursed Pond (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
|Pindable Crystal Ball||Nature Clan has to go around a level and pick up items while avoiding obstacles.||Worm Dream (VT03)||Adventurer (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
|Sky Dreamer||Another generic platformer except that it takes place in the skies.||Sky Dreamer (VT03)||Sky Zone (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
|Spring World||The gameplay is similar to Pindable Crystal Ball: Nature Clan has to navigate a maze and pick up items and avoid obstacles.||Swing (VT03)|
Spring World (VT03)
|Cool Baby (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long)|
Intellivision and Atari ports Edit
Nice Code is believed to have programmed officially licensed ports of Atari 2600, Atari 7800, and Intellivision games to the Famicom for use in plug 'n play systems. Many of these ports were later modified to remove copyrighted material; Nearly all of the Intellivision ports were hacked, but only the ports of the obscure Atari games received later alterations.
- Air Sea Battle - Game B was hacked to create Coast Guard (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Astrosmash - Hacked to create Cannonade (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Aether Fighter (VT02) (Waixing), Earth Fighter (VT03) (Nice Code), Air Alert (VT02) (Nice Code), and under many other names.
- Body Slam: Super Pro Wrestling
- Buzz Bombers - Hacked to create Hexapod (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as IQ Champion (VT02) (Nice Code), Man in Red (VT02) (Nice Code), Sniper (VT03) (Waixing), and under many other names.
- Chip Shot: Super Pro Golf - Hacked to create Top Golf (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Crystal Castles
- Desert Falcon - Hacked to create Aerial Warfare (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Food Fight - Hacked to create Nut Cracky (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Haunted House
- Hover Force - Hacked to create Attacking (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Night Stalker - Hacked to create Warrior (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Warrior Lemon (VT03) (Nice Code), Battlefield (VT03) (Waixing), Devildom Doom (VT02) (Nice Code), and under many other names.
- Pinball - Hacked to create Polk (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Planet Smashers - Hacked to create Aether Mission (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Aether Mission (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Shark! Shark! - Hacked to create Fish War (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Shark (VT03) (Nice Code), Exist (VT03) (Waixing), Hexapod War (VT02) (Nice Code), and under many other names.
- U.S. Ski Team Skiing - Hacked to create Surfg Sport (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Skiing (VT03) (Nice Code), Surfgr (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long), and Sur LC (VT02) (Waixing).
- Sky Diver
- Slam Dunk: Super Pro Basketball - Hacked to create Basketball (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey - Hacked to create Ice Hockey (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Super Pro Hockey (VT02) (Waixing).
- Snafu - Hacked to create Shrew Mouse (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Star (VT02) (Waixing) and Star (VT03) (Waixing).
- Solaris - Hacked to create Aether Cruiser (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Space Armada - Hacked to create First Defender (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as M Day (VT03) (Waixing), Sea Monster (VT03) (Nice Code) and Icarian (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Space Battle
- Space Hawk - Hacked to create Dune War (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Star Attack (VT02) (Waixing) and Star Attack (VT03) (Waixing).
- Spiker: Super Pro Volleyball - Hacked to create Volleyball (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Star Strike - Hacked to create Close Quarters (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Pearl Harbor (VT03) (Nice Code), Aimless (VT02) (Nice Code), and Airial Hero (VT02) (Waixing).
- Sub Hunt - Hacked to create Silent Hunter (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Super Pro Football
- Thin Ice - Hacked to create Thinice (VT02) (Nice Code). Also known as Lemon Brat (VT03) (Nice Code), Horrible Area (VT02) (Waixing), and Thinice (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Thunder Castle - Hacked to create Dark Castle (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Tower of Doom - Hacked to create Tower (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Vectron - Hacked to create Vectron (VT02) (Nice Code).
- World Championship Baseball - Hacked to create Baseball New (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Yars' Revenge
Advanced titles Edit
Unlike the majority of Nice Code titles, which are designed to be small and easy to reproduce, these games are more advanced, and as such are less common than others. Many of these games are hacks of Dragon Co. titles, due to early Nice Code staff being from said company.
- Commando - A Contra-style game. It is VT03 only.
- Curly Monkey - You play as a monkey that has to jump from platform to platform, while simultaneously collecting items and shooting at enemies with a boomerang. It is VT03 only.
- Curly Monkey 2 - The sequel to the first title; the gameplay premise is the same, but it is faster paced and has higher quality graphics. There are also portals that can take you to new areas. It is VT03 only.
- Felix the Cat Hacks - The Hacker (Nice Code), Super Hero (Nice Code), and Little Blackmask (Waixing) are all hacks of Dragon Co.'s Felix the Cat. They originally changed the graphics only, but they later featured alternate levels.
- Forest Kid - You play as a kid that has to swing on ropes and jump on platforms to finish the level. Additionally, captured gorillas can be saved for bonus points. Also known as Kong King (VT03) (Nice Code) and Forest Kid (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Frontline Gallop - This is a scrolling, top-down war game. You control a tank armed with soldiers, and must shoot enemy tanks and bases while also strategically releasing your soldiers so they can attack.
- The Lion King III Hacks - Howling Killer (Nice Code), Mongoose Story (Nice Code), and Super Warthog (Nice Code) are all hacks of Dragon Co.'s The Lion King III. These separate the three playable characters (Simba, Timon and Pumbaa) among three different games, which are likely level hacks. The graphics are from the later Lion King V rather than the third installment.
- Table Tennis - A first-person table tennis game likely intended for Wii clones, with multiple game modes, difficulty settings, and characters. A cut-down version appears on the Power Player Vii called Table Tennis 2006; it removes all of the special features, but adds an opening intro.
- Thunder Man - A Batman clone. The player through the level beating enemies up, collecting power-ups and jumping on platforms to complete the level. It is VT03 only.
- Tom and Jerry 3 Hacks - Primitive Man (Nice Code) and Primitive Woman (Nice Code) are hacks of Dragon Co.'s Tom and Jerry 3. Primitive Man separates Jerry's levels from Tom's, while Primitive Woman does the opposite.
- Sunken Ship - A title screen hack of Titanic by Dragon Co.; the game has been translated into English.
- Wait and See! - the Dragon Co. game, unhacked.
- Wonder Rabbit - A platforming-adventure game featuring five rabbits, each of which have different abilities. The player must use a combination of said abilities in attempt to find a key hidden in the stage; when it is found, a locked door is opened, where the player has to fight a boss. The game uses music from Devil World and graphics from Super Mario Bros. 2 and Bubble Bobble 2. Also known as Monster Brother (VT02) (Nice Code), Five Kids (VT02) (Waixing), and Diveman (VT02) (Nice Code).
Other titles Edit
These are simple, small titles, used exclusively for multicarts.
- Abscondee - A game where you play as an alien and try to collect items in the level while avoiding obstacles along the way. Also called Adventurer (VT03) (Nice Code) and Abscondee (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Across River - Clone of Frogger featuring a puffball creature. Uses music from Pokemon Gold on NES.
- Aim Cruise - Shoot the spaceships in an open playfield.
- Alienis - An advanced hack of Battle City, with scrolling levels. Also called Pulveration (VT02) (Nice Code), Bugs (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long), Monster War (VT02) (Waixing), and under many other names.
- Amusement Park: Jumping Kid - A game where you play as a boy that must jump over enemies along the way. Also called Amusement Park: Jumping Kid (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Amusement Park 2 - Likely intended to be the sequel to Jumping Kid; it is a clone of Circus Charlie. It is VT03 only.
- Animal Blockes - A Mahjong matching game with simpler characters. Also known as Symbol Puzzle (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Animal Contest - Two animals are hidden behind a curtain; the player bets on which one weighs the most.
- Antiquarium - Fishing game with intentionally bizarre "fish" graphics, featuring characters like Batman. Also known as Cute Fish (VT03) (Waixing).
- Aquarium - You control a fish and must only eat the safe food thrown down at you while avoiding others.
- The Archer - You play as a angler man, shooting at heads above you. Also called Dragon's Den (VT02) (Waixing), Panzer Attack (VT02) (Nice Code), Hunter Alone (VT03) (Nice Code), and under many other names.
- Assart - Find the correct path to move across the entire field without getting stuck. Also called Pathway (VT02) (Nice Code), Assart (VT03) (Nice Code), and Radish Field (VT02) (Waixing).
- Atlantic Fishing Tournament 2005 - A fishing game, with a more serious approach compared to Antiquarium. Also called Fishing Challenge (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Balloon Shoot - In this game you shoot balloons before they reach the top of the screen.
- Bar Room Shootout - A lightgun game where you shoot criminals who planned a shootout at a bar.
- Beach Ball - A game where you play as a bubble that needs to grow bigger by collecting water in the level while avoid obstacles. Also called UFO (VT03) (Nice Code) and Star (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Blocks World - Clone of Wisdom Boy for NES. Also called Puzzle Blocks (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Bomber Man 2002 - A Mega Bomberman clone, based on the snow levels. Also called Dejectile (VT02) (Nice Code), Undersea (VT02) (Waixing), Bomb Time 2004 (VT02) (Waixing), and under many other names.
- Brother Ball - A game where you control three balls, which must rescue other balls and collect items along the way. One of them will get taken away if they get hit by a enemy. Also called Team Star (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Bubble - A game similar to Astrosmash (but not based on NC's Intellivision port). Also known as Burbles (VT02) (Nice Code) and Danger Zone (VT03) (Inventor).
- Bug Catcher - In this game, a creature must collect worms of the same colour as its skin. Also called Blob Man (VT02) (Waixing) or Experiment (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Bug's War - A game similar to Battleship, except you are only attacking a computer and do not have your own "ships". Also called Undersea Arena (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Burrow Explorer - Navigate through a dark maze, which is only partially visible from the character's helmet light. Also called Angler Fish (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long), Burrow (VT03) (Waixing), and Labyrinth (VT02) (Waixing).
- Busy Bar - Serve the bear customers the drink they request.
- Candy Workshop - A game where you are a bear that needs to get candy sent on a delivery belt to be packaged, then be placed on the counter. Also called Hamburger (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Chinese Checkers - A Chinese Checkers game with up to six players. Also known as Chinese Checkers (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Circle Racing - A game similar to R.C. Pro-Am, but at a top-down angle. Also known as Track Racing (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Climbing - A game where you play as a boy that needs to climb to the top of the tower while avoiding obstacles. Also called Tower (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Colliding - You control a tiny car in a top-down city, and must run into other cars; this leads to a battle segment where you must bump into the car until it catches on fire and disintegrates.
- Cookies Labyrinth - A game where you play as a mouse collecting cookies before the timer runs out. Also known as Mike Pig (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Crystal Blast - You control a plane who must destroy crystals from above.
- Cub Adventure - A game where you are a bear that has to collect all the objects in the level while avoiding enemies. Also called Devil Palace (VT03) (Nice Code) and Grot Kid (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Danger Bridge - A game where you try to guide characters across by using the 2 sets of direction keys and switching between them when appropriate. Also called Tadpole (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) and Homing Chicken (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Deerstalking - A first-person shooter where you hunt for deer. Some versions use lightguns, while others feature a joystick-operated crosshair.
- Defier - Climb up a series of ropes while avoiding moving, spiked balls. It is VT03 only.
- Depth Bomb - A Battleship clone. Also called Bomb King (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Diamond - Arkanoid clone coded from scratch; the goal is now to hit the diamond at the top instead of destroying all of the bricks. Also called Diamond (VT02) (Inventor) and Blocks Array (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Dice - Match your die with the die in the middle of the playfield by rotating it correctly. Also called Play Dice (VT03) (Waixing).
- Difference - A game where you are shown two pictures side by side and have to spot the differences in both of them. Also called Difference Picture (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) or Distinction (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Dringle - Clone of Shikinjoh for Sega Genesis; the graphics are retained from the original.
- Egg Contest - A chicken is laying eggs onto a conveyor belt, and a rat must catch them. The direction the conveyor belt goes can be changed via a switch.
- Eggs - An "educational" game where a robot collects eggs laid by a bird. Each time an egg is caught, a picture of what was inside the egg is shown; the majority of these pictures make no logical sense by either not coming from eggs, having a nonsensical name, or both. The game's music is from Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers.
- Extreme Rally - A racing game at a side angle, with two car lanes. Also called Highway Rally (VT02) (Nice Code) and Racing Rivalry (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Fairy's Treasure - A Gold Miner game. The fairy must collect a specific amount of money or above within a time limit.
- Falling Blocks - Hack of Pikachu, which itself is a clone of Tetris. Uses music from Kero Kero Keroppi for NES. Also called Russia (VT02) (Waixing) or Rabbit's Triple (VT03) (Nice Code).
- The Farmer - A farmer has to herd up a specific color of sheep. Also known as Arena (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Fated Pirate - A strategy-based game where you must shoot your missiles at other ships before they land on the grid space where your ship is located. Also called Corsair (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Fish Story - A Shark! Shark!-like game, but the goal is to eat three of a specific kind of fish to turn into a fast-paced green fish. Also called Eating (VT02) (Waixing).
- Five Days - Shooting game with a still soldier who cannot move, only aim. Also called Penta Base (VT02) (Nice Code), Final Man (VT03) (Waixing), Final Man (VT02) (Nice Code), and under many other names.
- Fling Ball - A game where you compete against a robot trying to get the highest score by shooting past the robot. Also called Puppet Show (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Frantic Fishing - Catch fish with your lure.
- Frantic Mouse - Jump from the cloud you are standing on to the cloud above you. Also called Penguin (VT02) (Waixing), Jumping Kid (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long), and Pop Monster (VT03) (Waixing).
- Fruit Boxes - A game of Dots and Boxes. Uses graphics from Kirby's Adventure. It is VT03 only.
- Fruit Dish - Get the fruit that appears on the pipe to fall inside it.
- Fruit Gift - Match the top-half of the fruit with the bottom. Also known as Pattern Maker (VT03) (Nice Code) and Patternmaker (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Gallagant - A generic shooting game. Also called Garden War (VT02) (Inventor), Robot (VT03) (Waixing), Firebase (VT02) (Nice Code), and under many other names. This is one of Nice Code's most cloned games, being cloned at least 15 times.
- Gate - There are hearts placed around the maze which the player needs to collect, but there are teleporters scattered around which have to be used to access the majority of hearts. Also known as Convection (VT03) (Waixing), Transmission (VT02) (Nice Code), Teleport (VT02) (Nice Code), and under many other titles.
- Ghost Castle - A game where you play as a man that shoots at enemies above or below him and needs to shoot the demon at the top of the level a certain amount of times. Also called Clown's Mission (Qi Sheng Long) and Hell (VT02) (Waixing).
- Goal Keeper - A game where you play as a boy that has to try to block the ball the other person is trying to shoot into the net. Also called Goal Keeper (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Golden Bird - A game similar to the final level of Donkey Kong, without a jumping ability; you must climb up ladders and rescue birds from cages while avoiding enemies.
- Greedy - A Snake game, where the snake's body is made of money bags. Also called Greedy (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Hallihoo - A game where you play as a owl that has to pass through all the obstacles in the level and collect all the items. Also called Magic Place (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) or Hallihoo (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Hammer & Nail - You control a hammer and must hit nails when they hover over holes on the playfield. Also called Eidolon's Revenge (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) and Irrigate (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Happy Match - Matching game with six cards.
- Heroes Mice 2 - Sequel to the VT03 version of Mouse Hero. A cat is dropping mice from above, and a mouse must put the falling mice on the ground and throw bombs up at the cat. It is VT03 only.
- Hit-Mouse - Whack-a-Mole game with four holes, controlled with the joystick. Also known as Knocking (VT03) (Nice Code) and Monster Trouble (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Hunter - A Duck Hunt clone.
- Hurry Burry - Clone of Zeek the Geek for PC; the graphics are retained from the original. The music is from Adventures of Lolo 2. Also known as Soy Bean Story (VT03) (Waixing).
- Ice Ocean - A mermaid must hit fish by bouncing a ball on top of their heads; in order to do this, the ball has to bounce off a fragile wall. Hitting a fish from the bottom will cause a destroyed fish to respawn. Also called Invincible Girl (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Jig Chick - Clone of Q*Bert. It is VT03 only.
- Jump-Jump - Jump on the logs falling down the waterfall until you reach the top.
- Jumping Fish - A Duck Hunt clone, with unique physics, where you shoot fish that jump out of the water. Also called Burry (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Labyrinth - Your character automatically walks until she stops at a sign. Navigate the maze according to the signs to get to the exit. Also called Way Out (VT02) (Waixing), Girl (VT03) (Qi Sheng Long), or Robot (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Lightning - A clone of Street Racer for the Atari 2600, with identical levels. Possibly an Atari plug 'n play title that didn't make the final cut. Also called Deformable (VT02) (Nice Code), Deformable (VT03) (Nice Code), or Road Hero (VT02) (Waixing).
- Little Witch - You control a witch on a flying broom and must shoot oncoming enemies. The game is set up like a side-scrolling shooter, but you are stuck on a single screen.
- Mad Xmas - A clone of Kaboom! for Atari 2600. Also called Lucky Time (VT03) (Waixing), Small Dinosaur (VT02) (Nice Code), Angel (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long), and under many other names.
- Magic Bubble - Clone of Tetris. Also called Strange Pop Pop (VT02) (Inventor), Bubbles (VT03) (Nice Code), or Triple (VT03) (Waixing).
- Magic Egg - Destroy the evil creatures while letting the innocent stars pass through a funnel.
- Magic Jony - A game similar to Lode Runner, where the titular Magic Jony must use his plant to eat enemies. Also called Enchanter (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Mario Kart - Hack of F1 Race with Mario Kart-themed graphics. Also called Ardent Rally (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Meccano - Place the shapes where they fit on the grid to form a picture.
- Memory Test - Card game with a 16-card grid. Also called Matching (VT02) (Inventor).
- Metro Mania - A Road Fighter clone. You can choose different vehicles and ride them in different levels.
- Mini Movies - A collection of eight 8-bit animated cartoons. You can choose to watch the cartoons normally or play a minigame, in which the player must put the filmstrip in the correct order. There is no voice acting, only captions explaining the scene.
- Mouse Hero - A game where you control two mice holding a parachute that have to catch all the mice falling in the level and let them fall down to safety. Also called Heroes Mice (VT03) (Nice Code) and Mice Mission (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Mouse Snare - A clone of Minesweeper. Also called Mine (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) and Bomb (VT02) (Inventor).
- Mowing - A lawn mower must fully mow every inch of the lawn. Uses graphics from Wacky Races. Also called Lawn Mower (VT03) (Qi Sheng Long) or Agile Mice (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Music Moment - The goal of this game is to collect music notes to form a song (which is a rendition of the music in NC's Octopus); this task is actually impossible to do.
- Numerous hacks of Track & Field. There are Qi Sheng Long originals and Nice Code originals. The Qi Sheng Long versions use graphics from Capcom's Barcelona 92 and Nice Code's Primitive Man. The Nice Code originals are the same thing except the characters are pandas instead. Waixing has 16-bit updates of the Qi Sheng Long versions.
- Octopus - Clone of The Little Mermaid 2 for PC; the graphics from the original are retained. Also known as Brave Boy (VT03) (Waixing) or Skateboard Kid (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Out Run - A game similar to Frogger (although not a direct clone). The goal is to get to the bottom from the top. It is VT03 only.
- Pizza Boy - A game where you have to deliver pizzas to customers, while navigating a maze. Uses the Clu Clu Land theme. Also called Hen and Sons (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) or Merry Christmas (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Pobble - A fast racing game where you must dodge obstacles. You die immediately if you hit something and there are no enemy cars. Also called Corridor (VT03) (Waixing), Motorboat (VT03) (Nice Code), Awful Rushing (VT02) (Inventor), and under many other names. This is one of Nice Code's most cloned games, being cloned at least 15 times.
- Polar Bat - You play as a kid shooting up at enemies flying along the screen, while simultaneously avoiding snowballs. The game runs on the same engine as The Archer. Also called Ghost Palace (VT02) (Waixing) or Enchanter (VT02) (Waixing).
- Police Dog Lasy - A burglar buries stolen goods and dynamite in the ground. As a police dog, you sniff around for the buried goods, while avoiding dynamite. Also known as Super Sleuth (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) or Sleuth (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Police VS Thief - A game where you are in a police car and you have to catch the thief by running your car into the thief's car; you can't go backwards when driving. Also called Monster Hunter (VT03) (Nice Code).
- PongPong - A game where you push enemies into holes. Also called Autoboat Contest (VT03) (Waixing), Ramming (VT03) (Qi Sheng Long), and Bump (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Power Robot - A game where you are a robot operated by a spring that needs to jump on platforms so the robot can collect all of the items. Also called Kangaroo (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) or Spring Jester (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Quiz - A quiz game, with questions on various subjects. Notably features many dated questions (circa 2002) and several "correct" answers that are, in reality, wrong.
- Rabbit Village - Rescue rabbits from a burning building using an elevator, while avoiding bullets shot from wolves in planes. Also called Rabbit's Crisis (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Racing Fighter - Clone of Spy Hunter. Also called Galaxy Killer (VT02) (Waixing).
- River Jump - Elmo (from Sesame Street) must cross the river when the shape he is standing on flows down the stream. Later versions replace Elmo with a generic protagonist.
- Road Worker - Repair the broken parts of the road using the selection of parts at the bottom. Also called Road Man (Qi Sheng Long) or Repair Urgently (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Rural Goblin - Whack-a-Mole game with twelve holes, controlled by pressing the A button.
- Season Garden - Whack-a-Mole game with nine holes, controlled with a virtual hammer; the seasons change as the game progresses. Also called Knock It (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Sea-Maid - Dive for gems under the ocean; you must take breaks to grab air from above the surface. The game uses music from Shoukoushi Cedie. Also called Sea Man (Waixing) and Sea Maid (Qi Sheng Long).
- Seaport Guarl - This is a game where you play as a tank that has to shoot at a ship that is also constantly shooting at the tank. Also called Fateful Battle (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Seawolf - A first-person shooter. Attack enemy ships (who can be seen on a radar) with your bullets. Also called Final Blood (VT02) (Nice Code).
- Seething - A top-down racing game. Also called Speed Crisis (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Sky Wing - A shooting game where you control a airplane shooting enemies in the level and collecting items along the way. Also called Sky Wing (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Slot Machine - A simple slot machine. Uses music from Destiny of an Emperor for NES.
- Slots - A simple slot machine (but different than the previous title). Uses music from Don Doko Don 2 for NES.
- Snaffo - A version of the card game Hearts.
- Snowball - Clone of Sokuban. Also called Boxworld (VT02) (Inventor), Boxes World (VT03) (Waixing), Hammal (VT02) (Waixing), and under many other names.
- Space Base - Defend your base from oncoming objects.
- Speed Challenge - Racing game similar to Micro Machines. Also known as Speed Challenge (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Spider-Man - Shoot webs at enemies while swinging up a building. Also called Masked Man (VT02) (Nice Code) Rocketman (VT02) (Waixing), and Warrior (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Spider-Man 2 - Destroy giant spiders with Spider-Man's web. Also called Masked Man 2 (VT02) (Nice Code), Contest 2004 (VT02) (Nice Code), and Unwonted Space (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Spider-Man 3 - Save people in a burning building by climbing up the building and rescuing them through the window. Also called Masked Man 3 (VT02) (Nice Code)
- Submarine - A game where you are a submarine, shooting down at enemy submarines while avoiding the other enemies missiles. Also called Target Submarine (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Tactful - Place landmines in front of enemy soldiers so they land on them and explode. The game runs on the same engine as Cub Adventure. Also called Jungly Guy (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Through-Man - A superhero must shoot enemies while avoiding obstacles. Some levels are set up like side-scrolling shooters, while others are top-down. Also called Aviator (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Toad in the Hole - Whack-a-Mole game with nine holes, controlled with a virtual hammer; despite the name, the graphics are retained from Hit-Mouse. Also known as Plush Dog (VT02) (Waixing) and Papa Zuma (VT03) (Waixing).
- Toy Bricks - A painting program. Possibly among Nice Code's first titles, dated 2000.
- Toy Factory - This is a game where you must line up coloured pots correctly so that the item falling from above of the same colour falls in the pot. Also known as Fruit Tree (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Twin Cards - Matching game with an increasing amount of cards as the game continues. Also called Twin Cards (VT02) (Inventor), Ilk Cards (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long), and Twin Cards (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Twin Fish - Find the fish that matches the one swimming at the bottom. Also called Mask (VT03) (Nice Code) and Twin Boar (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long).
- Utmost Warfare - A top-down space shooter, with a slight 3D perspective.
- Vanguard - A game similar to Jackal for NES, but with more Battle City-esque tank control. Also called Vanguard (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Vigilant - A side-scrolling shooter. Also called Fairy (VT02) (Qi Sheng Long) Assault Force (VT03) (Nice Code).
- War Zone - The player can choose to either attack or defend, while the computer will play the other side. When attacking, you send out soldiers to attack a base from a plane; when defending, you shoot at the soldiers from tanks.
- Water Pipes - Clone of Pipe Mania. Also called Road Mould (VT03) (Nice Code).
- Wild Worm - A game where you play as a worm that goes around the level eating food. When the worm has become full the food will disappear.
- Wonder Ball - Get the cheerleader ball's respective color into the designated hole.
- World Cup - A full soccer game. It is VT03 only.
- Zoom - A game where you play as a robot that needs to dodge enemies. Also called Zooming (VT03) (Nice Code).
In addition to these, Nice Code has developed many simple "brain game" titles, ports of generic board/card games, and casino games. Many lack music and have less advanced graphics than other NC titles; these were likely originally part of a large compilation. Brain titles include Addition, Build Pillars, Calculator, Counting, Diamonds, Fruit Logic, Lattice Winner, Move Box, Numbers, Puzzle, Rudder, and Salver Balance. Board and card games include Backgammon, Checkers, Dominoes, Go Fish, Hangman, Old Maid, Solitaire, and RB Chess. Casino games include Big Six, Blackjack, Crazy Eights, Freecell, Gin Rummy, Hearts, Roulette, Slap Jack, Spades, Texas Hold'em, and Video Poker. Several of the casino games, including Blackjack, Roulette and Video Poker, use music ripped from Captain Tsubasa.
Nanjing games Edit
The following Nanjing RPGs are known to have been developed by Nice Code:
- [NJ065] Zui You Ji Zhi Tang San Zang 最游记之唐三藏
- [NJ066] Gu Mu Li Ying 古墓丽影 (Tomb Raider)
- [NJ072] Dong Fang De Chuan Shuo Zhi: Feng Yin Dao 东方的传说之-封印岛 (Link's Awakening)
- [NJ073] Wu Lin Wai Zhuan 武林外传 (My Own Swordsman) (modified/hacked version released by Hengge Dianzi as Sai Er Qi Xia Zhuan)
- [NJ074] Yi Xing: Zhi Tai Kong Tan Xian Zhe 异形-之太空探险者 (Aliens vs. Predator)
- [NJ100] Da Hua Shui Hu 大话水浒
- [NJ101] He Jin Feng Bao 合金风暴
- [NJ102] Mo Dao Jie 魔道劫
These titles are full 16-bit games (as opposed to VT03 hardware, which only has 16-bit graphics), and they run on unique proprietary hardware.
- 3-Point Shootout
- Battle of Freekick - A football game where you play in a angled view where you see the goalkeeper. You have to try to throw the ball past two boys blocking in your path. Rereleased by two other companies with different graphics.
- Crazy Karts - This is a port of the Korean PC game Crazy Racing Kart Rider, by Nexon.
- Flush Ball
- Jumping Dream
- Pop Cricket
- While some of Nice Code's games use their own sound engines, a few of them take sound engines from other video games by different companies, Micro Genius's Chinese Chess being the most common example. Some of the songs using Nice Code's own are 8-bit renditions of various other songs, either from a nursery rhyme, video game or an anime.
- Many of their games are copyrighted in China by Qi Sheng Long.
- Nice Code games published by Waixing usually have different titles, music and graphics to the versions released by Trump Grand, Qi Sheng Long and other companies. This may have been so Waixing could register the copyright separately from Qi Sheng Long.
- While it is unconfirmed, it seems that Nice Code is responsible for the majority of recent bootleg NES demakes - the 8-bit ports of Angry Birds, Plants vs. Zombies, Crash Bandicoot, Metal Slug Advance, and Mario Kart all use music and sounds from other Nice Code games, and the OneBus games Guard Radish (Game Over Gopher) and Cut Fruit (Fruit Ninja) appear on several DreamGEAR systems.