OverviewEditThis game uses the system of MK Mythologies in that it's a cross between fighting and side-scrolling. The controls are somewhat awkward; during fights, Sub-Zero won't automatically turn around when behind an opponent, forcing the player to use the A button to turn around. The fighting engine isn't taken from the official MK games and instead uses an engine similar to one used in some other pirated Mega Drive fighting games. All of the opponents in this game are clones of major MK characters. There are four levels, each with a different set of clones to fight.
The graphics are taken from various MK games. Sub-Zero's sprites are taken from MK2 while everyone else appears to be taken from MK3 The music of the Mega Drive version appears to be original, although it's possible that most of it was taken from other pirated games as Pocket Monster (Mega Drive version), The King of Fighters '99 and Mulan also use some of the music that was used in this game. The music of the SNES version also uses original soundtrack, but there are some sound effects taken from Super Buster Bros. The sound effects are taken from MK games, and Sonya and Sindel uses the male characters' sound effects. The ending is a "The End" screen with some bonus Engrish.
- The second level is called "The Wlement of Water," a misspelling of "The Element of Water."
- The game has a level skipping glitch in Level 4. If Sub-Zero uses his ground freeze attack on an enemy and then jump towards his/her body, Sub-Zero will fall through the ground at least one time and the game will think that the level is complete, despite not having defeated Sindel, the last boss of the game. The game will simply proceed to the password screen, followed by the ending.
- The intro theme in the SNES version (that is also the 2nd level theme) is also the intro theme of Top Fighter 2000 MK VIII.
Differences between Mega Drive and SNES versions Edit
- In the SNES version, when the game is turned on, there is a intro of Sub-Zero beheading Liu Kang with his hand. In the Mega Drive version, there is no intro.
- The SNES version hasn't an option menu.
- There are no checkpoints in the SNES version.
- The names of the second and last stages are swapped in the SNES and Mega Drive versions. "The Wlement of Water" is the 2nd stage in Mega Drive and is the last stage in SNES. "Quan Chi's Sanctuary" is the last stage in Mega Drive and the 2nd stage in SNES. However, both games has the same level designs in the same order.
- The SNES version uses Jax as an enemy. However, there is no final boss and thus no use of Sindel.