|Jang Pung II|
Jang Pung II's title screen
|Publisher|| Daou Infosys (possibly)|
Innovation Technology (cancelled)
Open Corp. (uncredited)
|Console|| Sega Game Gear|
Samsung Gam*boy (Sega Mark III)
Sega Mega Drive/Genesis (unconfirmed)
|Alternate names/hacks||Street Fighter II, Street Battle|
Jang Pung II is an unlicensed Street Fighter II clone, developed by Sieco and Open Corp. (although the latter is uncredited). It was developed for the Samsung Gam*boy, which is the Korean version of the Sega Mark III (Master System). Because of it being developed for said platform, it was also ported to the Sega Game Gear, running in the system's native SMS mode.
It has also been rumored that it was published on the Mega Drive as well (running in SMS mode) although there have been no confirmations of this port's existence.
Gameplay / PresentationEdit
Jang Pung II features six characters from Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, but all have been renamed. The new names given to the characters often reflect the names the bosses went by in the Japanese arcade version of SFII.
- Ryu - in-game as Lee
- Ken - in-game as Can (James on the SMS)
- Chun-Li - in-game as Chun Ja (Alang on the SMS)
- Guile - in-game as Tile (Eric on the SMS)
- Vega (Dictator) - in-game as Mega (V.King on the SMS)
- M. Bison (Boxer) - in-game as Tison (Chales on the SMS)
The backgrounds (which are not animated) appear to be made up of elements taken from other SMS and GG games, with some original content as well. All are exclusive to the game, with no attempt made to make them resemble the original ones from the arcade version.
- Jang Pung II info page on SMSPower
- Information about Jang Pung II and Open Corp. on Hardcore Gaming 101