|Years||Late 90s/early 2000s|
|Aliases||Shanghai Paradise, BBG(?), Invent|
|Games published by||Waixing, Advance Bright Ltd., Macro Winners, various other Famiclone manufacturers|
|Related companies||Nice Code, Qi Sheng Long|
Inventor was a Chinese developer of various original games and hacks, believed to be responsible for the majority of hacks found on Famiclones dating from 2000 onwards, such as the Arcade Action II. Its original games often use the Sunsoft sound engine.
Other names used by Inventor or related companies include Shanghai Paradise & BBG, although BBG may actually be a pseudonym for Subor or another related company.
These games can usually be identified by a Shanghai Paradise logo found in the game tiles, although it is rarely displayed.
- Blood of Jurassic GD-98 (獵殺侏羅紀) - Also has a cut-down Famiclone version named Jurassic Park.
- F22 aka Navigator - The original version has 16 levels, but the version featured on Subor famiclones & copyrighted to Waixing has only 3.
- Monkey King
- Street Dance - A Dance Dance Revolution clone, the original version is ©2000 INVENT and uses standard NES music (with the Sunsoft sound engine), while an update made in 2008 apparently by Nice Code updates the copyright to ©2008 INVENT and adds PCM sampled music. A combined game pack with this and Hit Mouse also came bundled with certain third-party dance pads.
- Underground Mission
- Super Hang-On 97, Skiing - fairly comprehensive hacks of Highway Star, aka Rad Racer.
- Alienis - Either a clone or an advanced hack of Battle City which introduces scrolling.
- Power Boat - Appears to be an advanced hack of Road Fighter.
- Fish War - A hack of Balloon Fight with completely different graphics and music.
|List of standard hacks
Less advanced hacks that were produced by Inventor.