|Garou Densetsu Special|
Garou Densetsu Special's title screen
|Publisher||Ge De Industry Co.|
|Engine||Street Fighter II Engine|
|Sound engine||Hummer Sound Engine|
OverviewEditThis version includes 8 characters and four repeats of each: Kim Kaphwan, Tung Fu Rue, Wolfgang Krauser, Ryo Sakazaki, Terry Bogard, Andy Bogard, Joe Higashi and Mai Shiranui. All of the characters are playable. Like some Hummer Team fighting games, the difficulty can be changed on the title screen. Unlike the original game, the characters don't get their own stages, instead they go in a preset loop throughout the game. As well as this, some of the characters' original stages aren't present in this game.
The graphics are taken from the original game and downgraded. The music is mostly taken from there as well, but one song is remixed from Street Fighter IV, and the ending music from Kart Fighter is present here. The ending is a shortened version of the one from the original game.
- Mortal Kombat 6 - Title hack made in 1996 that was published by NT. Other than the fact the menu was changed, the game remains the same. Should not be confused with a Yuu Yuu Hakusho Final hack published by NT in 1997.
- Super Real Bout 97 - Title hack made in 1997 that was published by NT. Other notable changes include bigger icons on the player screen and the fact it doesn't play a tune after you select your player.
- Terry Bogard's name is misspelled as "Terry Bogaro" and for unknown reasons, Andy is called "NT Kau Lok" in this game.
- Lawrence Blood's stage appears in this game, even though he doesn't.
- Tekken 2 and Street Fighter Zero 2 '97 have very similar HUDs to this game.
- There are names from Mortal Kombat II Special that can be found in the PRG. This game was most likely being developed at the same time MKIIS was but development started a little after MKIIS was made.