Cyborg Z's title screen.
|Console||MSX, Sega Master System|
|Sound engine||Hi no Tori Hououhen|
Cyborg Z (사이보그 Z) is a pirated clone of Knightmare, made by Zemina and released in August 1991 for the MSX1 computer system, and later that year for the Sega Master System, albeit technically being a Sega SG-1000 game in an SMS case. This seems to be one of the rarest Zemina games.
This game has megabit rom (128kb) cartridges.
Cyborg Z is a Knightmare clone. The gameplay is incredibly similar to the original. However, there are some differences:
- The game features anime-styled graphics much like Robot Taekwon V.
- The game features multi-player for two people.
- This game main characters statusbar have power bar and speed bar. If you got for enemy's damage, your power bar decrease.
- Most weapons, except for the rocket punch and the small white shot, have limited ammunition.
- In this game, invincible items have two types. The red invincible "α" item can kill enemies, but the blue invincible "β" item cannot.
- Each stage has a mid boss and final boss.
- After passing each stage, a bonus roulette is started. If the arrow lands on a yellow space, an item can be selected. This can be repeated as long as the player lands on yellow every time.
This game think far better than Yong-ui Jeonseol - The Three Dragon Story. But have the rather long levels and msx's terrible vertical scrolling abilities (Most, if not all msx1 games has scrolling like this). So, it think won't be easy.
The graphics are rather impressive, given the limitations of the MSX. (Many MSX games have a lot of single color graphics, but this game has multi-colored graphics overlaid with a single-color graphics layer).
Cartridges and Boxes Edit
- The SG-1000 port is believed to be a Master System game due to the latter console being backwards-compatible with the SG-1000. As a result, there is some dispute as to whether it's a Master System or SG-1000 title.
- Part of this game's music is comprised of classical music.
- This game's sound engine is stolen from "Hi no Tori Hououhen".
- Part of the text on this game box used chinese characters. This is also used in other old Korean video games.
- This game has a hidden command for a "Sound Test". It can be accessed by pressing Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right (most of the "Konami Code") at the Play Select screen.
- There are two different boxes for this game.
|List of games by Zemina|