| Chuanpu Technology|
|First Game||Super Big 2?|
|Last Game||Feng Shen Ying Jie Zhuan|
|Sounds used||High Seas Havoc, Wonderboy III|
|Engines used||Chuanpu RPG engine etc|
|Related companies||Gamtec, Vast Fame, Never Ending Soft Team, Sintax|
Chuanpu Technology (also went under the English name of Jam Port) was a developer of Mega Drive games, mainly RPGs.
Chuanpu appears to have been somehow connected to Gamtec, as the two companies often shared staff members, fonts (although these were taken from the DOS program PC Paint) and sometimes the Wonderboy III: Monster Lair sound engine. Chuanpu closed in 1996 due to the decline of 16-bit consoles and the rise of 32-bit. However, many former staff members remained in the games industry and are credited in games such as Vast Fame's.
Many Chuanpu games were published in China by Li Cheng; this company would later go on to publish certain Vast Fame games in the country.
Games Made By Chuanpu Technology
- Barver Battle Saga: Tai Kong Zhan Shi (The Space Fighter) (aka Final Fantasy, Brave Battle Saga: The Magic Warrior)
- Feng Shen Ying Jie Zhuan (aka Feng Shen Bang) - published in Taiwan by Huang Jia Technology Co, 皇家科技股份有限公司
- Shui Hu Zhuan
- Smart Mouse (unconfirmed, but likely) - published in Taiwan by Ming Super Chip.
- Super Big 2 - published in Taiwan by King Tec. Port of super big 2 from the snes.
- Ya-Se Chuan Shuo: The Story of Arthur (aka Di Guo Wang Chao)
- Shu Zi Fang Kuai: Puzzler that features Chuanpu's English name on the title.
These games share large numbers of credits with known Chuanpu games, but are credited to another company.
- Ghost Hunter (Senchi/Jumbo Team)
- Shui Hu Feng Yun Zhuan (Never Ending Soft Team)
- Tun Shi Dian Ti III (Conquering the World 3)
- 川普 (Chuānpǔ) is the preferred Chinese rendering of the name "Trump".
- Many Chuanpu games contain hidden text crediting the battle system to Tsui ChienHua of Never Ending Soft Team.