|A Bug's Life|
SNES title screen.
|Publisher||DVS Electronic Co. (SNES) X-Boy (MD)|
|Console||SNES, Sega Mega Drive|
|Sound engine||Bonkers (SNES sound)|
A Bug's Life is an unlicensed port of the Game Boy Color game of the same name, made for the Super Nintendo (Super Famicom) and the Sega Mega Drive by an unknown developer at an unknown date. (It is known that this bootleg came out to the public after May 1999, as that is when the GBC version came out, of which this is a port of.)
The game is a port of the Game Boy Color version of the official A Bug's Life game which was created by Disney Interactive, THQ and Tiertex Design Studios. The graphics and sounds are higher quality than the original, to reflect the better capabilities of the SNES and Mega Drive systems.
Some images, such as the "Game Over" screen are taken from the Playstation/N64/PC version of the official A Bug's Life game. Also, the background on the title screen is taken from the Windows 95 wallpaper background.
Mega Drive version Edit
A number of sound effects are taken from the Playstation/N64/PC A Bug's Life game. This includes the sound made when grains are collected and Flik's voice acting who yells "Nice one!", "Oh, yeah!" and other lines when enemies are hit.
SNES version Edit
All the music and sounds on this version are taken from the SNES game Bonkers, including the only voice sample of Flik shouting "Yow!" when hit.
This version has a different intro than the Mega Drive version. The Super Nintendo version also lacks the end-of-level wave animation.
- The Mega Drive version might have used some sounds from Bubsy in Claws Encounters of the Furred Kind.
- The 2nd level theme (Find The Hero) in the Mega Drive version is a rendition of the composition "Magnetic Rag" by Scott Joplin.
- The 3rd level theme (In the Dark Hole) in the Mega Drive version is also present in Puckman Pockimon.
- The last level theme (Hang By a Thread) in the Mega Drive version is the Outer Senshi theme of Sailor Moon.
- On the Mega Drive box art from Russia, Flik's skin is brown instead of blue and Dot's skin is also yellow rather than purple.
Main article: A Bug's Life/gallery